Używamy plików cookies, aby Twoje doświadczenia były lepsze. Czytaj więcej
Last revised on January 12, 2022
We respect and value your privacy as well as the integrity of the information you have provided and/or permitted us to collect. Thus, we endeavor to follow industry standards to ensure the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information (as defined below) when you access the Yield Platform or use the Yield Services.
Unifi Group Limited, YieldApp OÜ and Yield App Limited are the joint controllers (as defined in GDPR and UK GDPR) of your Personal Information, with registered addresses as follows:
- Unifi Group Limited: Craigmuir Chambers, Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110, British Virgin Islands;
- YieldApp OÜ: Harju Maakond, Tallinn, Nõmme Linnaosa, Rännaku pst 12, 10917;
- Yield App Limited: F2-04, Oceanic House, Providence Estate, Mahé, Seychelles.
Unifi IP Holdings Limited is the UK representative for Unifi Group Limited, YieldApp OÜ and Yield App Limited with its registered address at 71-75 Shelton Street, Convent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom.
YieldApp OÜ is the EEA representative for Unifi Group Limited and Yield App Limited with its registered address at Harju Maakond, Tallinn, Nõmme Linnaosa, Rännaku pst 12, 10917.
- Unifi Group Limited is incorporated under the laws of the British Virgin Islands.
- YieldApp OÜ is an Estonian Limited Liability Corporation incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Estonia.
- Yield App Limited is an International Business Company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Seychelles.
- Personal Information collected by us;
- How we collect Personal Information;
- How we use Personal Information;
- How we store Personal Information;
- How long we retain Personal Information;
- Sharing your Personal Information;
- Third-Party collection of Personal Information;
- Your legal rights;
- Rights of the residents in EEA and the UK;
- Limitations for age and data breaches;
- Transferring your Personal Information outside the UK and the EEA; and
- How to contact the Yield Operators.
3. Personal Information that we collect
Information provided by you when registering to the Yield Platform
When you first sign up to use the Yield Services by opening a Yield Account, you may be required to provide with us your real name, date of birth, nationality, home address, email address, signature and other information which can be used to verify your identity.
Generally, we will not collect nor process "Sensitive Information" (defined in GDPR and UK GDPR as “special categories of personal data”), such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data that uniquely identify specific persons, or any information concerning health or sexual orientation. However, if you are using biometric authentication methods to sign into your Yield Account and so are required to provide us with your fingerprint data or facial recognition data we shall need to seek your explicit consent to process such biometric data to comply with our legal obligations.
Information collected by us for compliance purposes
In order to comply with domestic and international industry standards, government rules and regulations, in particular the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) regulations, Know Your Customer (KYC) rules and Counter-Terrorist Financing (CTF) regulations, the Yield Operators and Third Party Service Providers are required to collect and retain your Personal Information from identification documents, such as your passport, national identification card, driver’s license, tax identification and visa. Other documents which we may use are, including but not limited to, your proof of address, source of funds declaration, purpose and source of wealth.
Information collected by us during your usage of the Yield Services
When you engage or use the Yield Services, we will monitor and track your Personal Information in relation to your usage of the Yield Services such as your IP address, phone number, blockchain addresses, the type of device you use to access the Yield Platform, device information, operating system and hardware settings, browser type and network operator. This information shall either be directly obtained by the Yield Operators or through Third Party Service Providers.
We collect this type of information to ensure that our interface and/or the Yield Platform is seamlessly accessible for all permitted Users around the world and in order to provide you with the Yield Services.
Communication of Personal Information
You hereby agree that we are entitled to collect and use the Personal Information you have provided on the Yield Platform or generated through your usage of the Yield Services for the purpose of communicating with you through messages, requests, emails, telephone conversions, voicemails, live chats. Such information will include file attachments in connection with your transactions on the Yield Platform, or any other information related to your contact with the Yield Operators.
4. How we collect Personal Information
We will automatically collect and process Personal Information provided by you under the following situations:
- when you register for a Yield Account, log in, or visit the Yield Platform;
- when you voluntarily complete any user survey or provide feedback to us via emails or any other electronic channels;
- when you use browser cookies or any other relevant software upon visiting the Yield Platform; and
Where we ask you for your Personal Information which you are obliged to provide to us you may decline to provide it to us but if you do so we may not be able to enter into or to perform our contract with you to provide the Yield Services and we may have to terminate our relationship. For other Personal Information which you may not be under an obligation to provide to us but which we seek from you, if you do not provide it then we may not be able to properly perform our arrangements with you.
Information collected by the third-party
We shall collect your Personal Information from third parties as required or to the extent permitted under any Applicable Laws. Information from the third-party sources shall include, but not be limited to, public databases, credit bureaus, ID verification partners, blockchain data, marketing partners and resellers, advertising partners, and analytics providers.
Anonymised and Aggregated Data
5. How we use Personal Information
Your Personal Information shall be made available to the Yield Operators, our affiliates and service providers, and/or within our group of companies. This will include, but not be limited to, the employees and/or any persons or Third Party Service Providers working with the Yield Operators who are responsible for using and protecting your Personal Information. Where it is necessary (e.g., to protect the vital interest of the users or other natural persons, to fulfil the purpose of public interest, or to pursue our legitimate interest without overriding your rights and freedoms), we may use and process your Personal Information without obtaining your consent.
We use and process your Personal Information for the following purposes or in the following manners:
To provide the Yield Services
We use your Personal Information, either collected or delivered, in order to maintain and provide efficient Yield Services in accordance with our contractual obligations owed to you (including, but not limited to, processing transactions) and, for our and your legitimate interests, to improve the efficiency of day-to-day Yield Services and, to comply with our legal obligations, to verify your identity. We use IP addresses and unique identifiers stored in your device's cookies to help us authenticate your identity and activities and provide the Yield Services.
To protect Users as part of the provision of Yield Services
In order to comply with our legal obligations we use the information collected to protect the Yield Platform, Users' Yield Accounts and archives. We also use IP addresses and cookies to detect any suspicious activities and to protect against automated abuse, such as spam, phishing and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
To comply with the relevant legal rules and regulations
For our legitimate interests and to comply with our legal obligations, we shall use the Personal Information in compliance with our legal obligations, global and local industry standards, government requests and our AML/KYC/CTF procedures.
For measurement, research and development purposes
For our and your legitimate interests, we actively measure and analyse your Personal Information to understand the way you use and interact with the Yield Services. This review is continuously conducted by our operational teams to continuously improve the Yield Platform's performance and to resolve issues with User experience.
In addition for the same reasons, we use such information to customise, measure and improve the Yield Services, our administration, the content and layout of the Yield Platform, and to develop new services for you.
For communication purposes
To enforce the Terms
Personal Information is also used, for our legitimate interests, to continuously and actively enforce our Terms among our Users. Activities in this regard include, but are not limited to, reviewing, investigating and preventing any potentially prohibited or illegal activities that may violate preceding provisions, or disclose relevant information to third parties in accordance therewith. In light of this, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate any of the Yield Services to any Users who are found to be engaged in any activities that violate our Terms.
For marketing and advertising
For our legitimate interests, we may share your Personal Information with our marketing partners for the purposes of targeting, modelling and/or identifying analytics as well as marketing and advertising services which are the same as or similar to the Yield Services. In any marketing communications which are sent to you, you will be advised as to how you can opt-out of receiving any further marketing communications from us or such partners.
For your referrer’s and our legitimate interests, we shall share the Personal Information collected from you, including but not limited to, your identification information and transaction information, with your referrer for the purposes of rebates and other benefits.
For other purposes
6. How we store your Personal Information
We shall take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Yield Services as well as that of your Personal Information. We employ procedures and policies that incorporate industry best practices to ensure the integrity of your Personal Information and to prevent instances of unauthorised use.
The Yield Platform’s security is fully integrated into Amazon Web Services, covering all aspects of security such as identity management, connection security, application security and database security for User’s interactions with the Yield Platform.
Please note that it is impossible to fully guarantee the security of your Personal Information. While we take reasonable steps to safeguard your Personal Information, we disclaim any liability for the acts committed by those who gain unauthorised access or abuse your information and services unless caused by our gross negligence. Thus, you are recommended to understand this responsibility and to independently take the necessary safety precautions to protect your Personal Information, in particular your credential information, such as your username and password. You hereby agree that we shall not be liable for any information leakage and/or other losses not caused by our gross negligence, including but not limited to, hacker attacks, power interruptions or unavoidable technical failures.
7. How long we retain your Personal Information
We may be required by Applicable Laws to retain certain information, including Personal Information of Users, Users' profiles, identification verification materials, information relevant to AML/KYC/CTF procedures, account information, account agreements, and other agreements between us and third-parties, account statements, and other records.
Such records shall generally be retained as required by law for the minimum amount of time necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it is collected and thereafter no longer than is permitted under Yield Operators’ Information Retention Policy.
However, even after you have deactivated your Yield Account, we may retain copies of information about you and any transactions or services which you may have participated in for a period of time in accordance with the applicable laws, statute of limitations or as we believe as reasonably necessary to comply with the applicable laws, regulations, legal procedures or governmental requests in order to detect or prevent fraud, outstanding fees, resolve disputes, address problems with the Yield Services, assist with investigations, enforce any of our Terms or other applicable agreements or policies, or to take any other actions consistent with Applicable Laws.
9. Sharing your Personal Information
We may share, transfer, disclose, or allow access to your Personal Information to the following third parties for the purposes described below:
- We may disclose Personal Information to the third parties in order to administer or process a transaction, to provide the Yield Services you have authorised or requested, or in the context of facilitating the execution of a transaction.
- We may be required to validate your identity by Applicable Laws and rely on third-party services to perform these validations. Personal Information that you provide to us during the account opening process is passed to these services at account opening and on an ongoing basis thereafter.
- We provide Personal Information that you provide during the account opening process, as required by the Applicable Laws and regulatory requirements, to carry out or aid in certain functions, including, but not limited to, account processing, surveillance, reconciliation, execution, document retention requirements, and document dissemination.
- We share your Personal Information with financial institutions with which we partner to process payments which you have authorised.
- We may share analysis based on anonymous User information or behavior with our affiliate companies in order to operate and improve our products and services.
- We may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business, to our investors in and lenders to our business and to our financial and professional advisors.
- We may disclose or transfer information we collect upon account closing where you have a deficient balance, or upon excessive instances where you do not have sufficient funds in your account.
- We may disclose Personal Information to third parties that provide services to us to enable us to provide the Yield Services, including but not limited to, consulting, sales, client support operations, payment processing, authentication services, and technical support or services.
- We may share your Personal Information with law enforcement and government officials, or any other third parties where we are required to do so under any applicable law, regulation or by order of any court of competent jurisdiction or any competent judicial governmental or regulatory body or exchange rule, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of any of our Terms or any other applicable policies.
Other circumstances under which we may disclose your Personal Information are as follows:
- comply, as necessary, with any relevant Applicable Laws;
- in order to perform our contractual obligations to you;
- respond to mandatory legal or governmental requests or demands for information;
- meet national security requirements;
- enforce our agreements, policies, procedures and/or Terms;
- where it is in our legitimate interests to do so and our right to do so is not overridden by your rights and freedoms;
- protect ourselves, our affiliates, our Users, our counterparties or the general public from illegal activities; and
- respond to a vital emergency that requires disclosure of specified information.
10. Third-Party Collection of Personal Information
11. Your Legal Rights
Under certain circumstances, you have the rights under the data protection laws in relation to your Personal Information. These rights include but are not limited to the following:
Right to be informed
Right of access
You have the right to obtain access to the Personal Information we hold about you and specific information regarding our processing of this information.
Right to rectify
You have the right to require us to rectify your Personal Information that is inaccurate. You can check your account details at any time by signing into your Yield Account and clicking the profile.
Right to erasure
You may require us to have your Personal Information deleted from our records where certain conditions are met.
Right to data portability
You reserve the right to request to transfer a machine-readable copy of your Personal Information to you or the third-party of your choice. We shall provide you, or the third-party, your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. This right only applies to Personal Information you have provided to us to use.
Right to restrict processing
You may request us to restrict or suppress the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances as follows:
- to establish the accuracy of the Personal Information;
- when the processing is considered unlawful, but you do not wish to have your Personal Information erased;
- where we no longer need to process your Personal Information, but the information must be retained for legal reasons; and
- where you have objected to our processing your Personal Information, but we need to determine whether our legitimate interest overrides your objection.
Right to object
You may object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of us processing your Personal Information which may impact your personal rights. You may also object to our processing of your Personal Information for any direct marketing purposes.
Right to withdraw consent ("Opt-out")
You reserve the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on it to process your Personal Information.Withdrawing your consent does not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your Personal Information prior to withdrawing and we are entitled to continue processing your Personal Information where we have other legal bases for doing so.
If you wish to exercise these rights as aforementioned, please inform and contact us via the Yield Platform as set out below.
Right to lodge a complaint with a privacy regulator
You have the right to make a complaint to your local privacy regulator. If you wish to make a complaint, we would ask that you contact us before you contact the regulator so that we may see if the issue can be resolved first. You can also contact your local privacy regulator if you have any concerns regarding your rights under local law.
12. Rights of the residents of the EEA
If you are a resident of the EEA, United Kingdom, or Switzerland at the time your Personal Information is collected, you still reserve every legal right as stipulated in Clause 11 as mentioned above. Also, we shall specifically apply legal requirements under the GDPR and UK GDPR (as applicable) for collecting, using, or processing your Personal Information.
In the case where some recipients are located outside the EEA, Switzerland or the UK, we shall transfer your Personal Information only to such countries as approved by the European Commission or the UK’s Information Commissioner (as relevant) as providing an adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection in the jurisdiction of the party receiving the information.
13. Limitations for age and data breaches
The Yield Services are not designed for the individuals who are under the age of 18 or under the legal age to provide consent under the applicable laws of the country or jurisdiction where you are using the Yield Services.
If you are not over 18 or of the legal age of your country, you shall not provide any Personal Information to us, or to engage in the Yield Services. We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information collected from you. If we become aware that you are under 18 or under the legal age and you have already shared your Personal Information with us, we shall then discard such information and terminate your Yield Account immediately.
We cannot guarantee that any losses, misuses, unauthorised accession, or alteration of your Personal Information shall not occur. You hereby agree that you play a vital role in protecting your Personal Information, including your credentials. When registering with the Yield Services, you are strongly recommended to choose a password with the sufficient length and complexity and to not reveal this password to any third parties or unauthorised persons. Also, you agree that you shall immediately notify us if you become aware that unauthorised persons have accessed or might access your Yield Account.
14. Transferring your Personal Information outside the UK and the EEA